What Coverage does Medicare Offer?
Before discussing Wyoming Medicare Supplemental insurance (also known as Medigap Insurance), it is necessary to understand the coverage offered by Medicare itself. There are four parts to parts to Medicare, but we are only going to talk about two; Part A and Part B.
Generally the following coverage is offered under Part A (Hospital) Medicare:
- Hospital care
- Skilled nursing facility care
- Nursing home care (as long as the care isn’t custodial)
- Home health services
Part B (Doctor) Medicare covers two types of services:
- Medically necessary services
- Preventive services
Under this umbrella, the following things are covered:
- Ambulance services
- Durable medical equipment
- Mental health – both inpatient and outpatient
- Second opinions before surgery
Medicare has deductibles and limits of time it will cover for the following coverage: Part A – Hospital coverage, Skilled Nursing Facility coverage, and Part B coverage.
These gaps in coverage can cause individuals to have to go into debt to pay for the uncovered expenses. Often this is difficult on the limited income contemplated by most retirees.
Why Purchase Wyoming Medicare Supplement Insurance?
Wyoming Medicare Supplement insurance is sold by private companies and can help pay health care costs that the original Medicare doesn’t cover. These are such things as:
Wyoming Medicare Supplemental insurance can also offer coverage for services that are not provided by original Medicare such as for medical care when you travel outside the United States and extended coverage for catastrophic illnesses.
Wyoming Medicare Supplemental adds Coverage to Original Medicare
Wyoming Medicare Supplemental insurance cannot be purchased instead of original Medicare insurance. You must have both Part A and Part B of original Medicare to purchase any Medicare Supplemental insurance.
Things to know if you’re purchasing Wyoming Medicare Supplemental:
- You pay a monthly premium to a private insurance company for Wyoming Medicare Supplemental.
- Each Medicare Supplemental insurance policy in Wyoming can provide coverage for just one person. For example, you and your spouse must have separate policies.
- Wyoming Medicare Supplement can be purchased from any insurance company licensed in Wyoming to sell this coverage.
- Standardized Wyoming Medicare Supplemental insurance is guaranteed to be renewable even if you have health problems. This means that you will have coverage as long as you pay the premiums.
- Wyoming Medicare Supplement does not cover prescription drugs, dental or vision.
Why does Medicare Coverage Not Change from State to State?
You would think that some factors affect Medicare from place to place in the United States. A Wyoming Medicare Supplement will not differ from that in Colorado or New York. A Medicare Supplement plan F in Wyoming will be the same as a plan F in New York or any of the other states. This is true with all the Medigap plans. But in most cases rates may vary but coverage will be the same.
Be a Careful Consumer of Wyoming Medicare Supplement
As with anything you purchase, carefully compare coverage from policy to policy to make certain that when you compare prices, you’re looking at the same thing. Check the financial stability of the company offering the coverage by having one of our adviser show you the AM Best rating along with the Standard and Poor.
Read your policy and ask questions once you receive it. Each Wyoming Medicare Supplemental Insurance will provide you with a document to examine to verify the coverage that you are purchasing.
Original Medicare will provide you with a summary of the amounts paid and the vendors paid. Your Wyoming Medicare Supplement insurance all follows the same details and we can show you what each plan covers. Be sure to examine these for accuracy and be sure the charges are not duplicated.
It’s not always easy when looking to find Medigap insurance. You will need to take your time and read about the different benefits that each plan has. Our licensed advisers here at Medigap Providers will be able to point you in the right direction along with enrolling you in the plan or carrier that you choose.